Sweet potato fries are a great alternative to ordinary fries, but it’s only fulfilling if you know how to cook them well! Not only are they delicious, but they are much more nutritious than white potatoes. It has taken me a while, but I have finally mastered the art of cooking the best sweet potato fries, the perfect accompaniment to burgers, pizza and pretty much everything.
- Sweet potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Coconut oil/ Olive oil
- Brown Sugar
What to do…
- Chop the sweet potatoes into thin strips and then par boil until soft (approx 10-15 minutes)
- Scoop a dollop of coconut oil onto an oven tray then place the tray in the oven so that it melts.
- When the potatoes are partly cooked and soft, drain the water and then throw them onto a baking tray.
- Toss the fries around in the tray so that the coconut oil covers them.
- Bake the fries in the oven at 200C for 20-30 minutes until crispy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then sprinkle a tbsp of paprika and tsp of brown sugar over the fries.
- Let to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
I usually use coconut oil when baking sweet potato fries, however, you can use whatever oil you so choose. Serve on its own with dips, or with a meal.